Friday, November 24, 2017
4:00 p.m. to 8:15p.m.
THREE TREE LIGHTINGS!
KIWANIS CLUB OF MIDDLETOWN DAY!
- 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Step back in time and usher in the holidays at the early 19th century General Joseph Mansfield House, 151 Main Street, Middletown. Guides will lead tours of the home and the state and national award-winning exhibit, A Vanished Port: Middletown & the Caribbean, 1750-1824. The exhibit is a portrait of early Middletown, which was an important New England port during the heyday of the West Indies trade. It depicts the luxurious life of merchants and sea captains as evidenced by the furniture and decorative arts collections of the Middlesex County Historical Society, but also shows that Middletown’s prosperity rested on the suffering of enslaved workers in the sugar monoculture of the English Caribbean.
Admission to this special open house is free and all are welcome. No advance reservations are necessary. The Mansfield House, the headquarters of the Middlesex County Historical Society, is handicap accessible. For further information, contact the Society at 860-346-0746.
- 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – The Kiwanis Club of Middletown will be staffing the POPCORN & HOT PRETZELS stand in front of the Chamber – stop by to learn more about the organization! Also HOLIDAY MUSIC played by Harvest Woods Audio.
- 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Middletown High School Crew Team selling HOT CHOCOLATE, COFFEE & DESSERTS in front of the Church of the Holy Trinity!
- 4:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. – FREE WAGON RIDES on Main Street!. There will be a break while the Tree Lighting is happening on the South Green and the Rides will resume after the Tree Lighting a Middlesex Chamber!
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Lakeside Academy of Dance Troup of Middletown will light up the stage with their repertoire of dancing and holiday cheer on the South Green!
- 5:00 p.m. – Join the CAROL SING with MIDDLETOWN HIGH SCHOOL CONCERT CHOIR, directed by Stephanie Zak, and the WOODROW WILSON 7TH & 8TH SELECT CHORUS, directed by Ali Sinicrope, and the KEIGWIN MIDDLE SCHOOL CHORUS, directed by Jeannine Westbrook, sponsored by Middletown Commission On the Arts, with Emcee Don DeCesare from WMRD / WLIS Radio!
- 5:40 p.m. –Led by the MIDDLETOWN HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND, directed by Megan Busath, and Michael Cho , and the WOODROW WILSON MIDDLE SCHOOL 8TH GRADE BAND, directed by Aaron Sinicrope, as they parade down Main Street!
- 5:45 p.m. – SANTA and MAYOR DAN DREW arrive by HOLIDAY WAGON RIDE for the TREE LIGHTING on the South Green!
- 5:50 p.m. – COOKIE MOUSE arrives with 3rd grade Middletown students, who were chosen by their teachers because they show good citizenship, good behavior, is respectful to others and demonstrates the spirit of giving in everyday life!
- 6:00 p.m. – TREE LIGHTING on the South Green – The MAYOR and SANTA CLAUS will turn on the lights on the big tree on the South Green!
- 6: 15 p.m. – PARADE up Main Street to the Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce (393 Main St), where SANTA and THE MAYOR turn on the LIGHTS on the Tree on the Chamber Roof!
- FREE PICTURES WITH SANTA, courtesy of Pratt & Whitney in front of the Chamber, immediately following the Tree Lighting at the Chamber! Pictures will be taken by Phil Pessina!
- FREE WAGON RIDES continue until 8:00 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – STUFF – A-CRUISER – hosted by Middletown Police Dept. and Eli Cannon’s Tap Room at the third tree lighting. Donors may bring new, unwrapped gifts for children and adults or items for the Veterans Home, such as soap, razors, shampoo and more!
- 8:15 p.m. – 9th ANNUAL TREE LIGHTING in front of ELI CANNON’S TAP ROOM, 695 Main Street, where SANTA will arrive by wagon to light the tree, ELVES will be on the sidewalk with Popcorn, Cookies, Hot Chocolate and Treats for the Kids! The Middletown Police Benefit Association Pipe & Drum Corps will be playing to welcome the arrival of Santa!
Please Note: In case of inclement weather, the Tree Lightings & Parade will be held the next evening, Saturday, November 25 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.