Friday, November 29, 2019
4:00 p.m. to 8:15p.m.
THREE TREE LIGHTINGS!
Sponsored by the Middletown Commission on the Arts
- 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – The Kiwanis Club of Middletown will be staffing the popcorn & hot pretzels stand in front of the Chamber – stop by to learn more about the organization! Also holiday music played by Harvest Woods Audio.
- 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Middletown High School Crew Team selling hot chocolate, coffee & desserts in front of the Church of the Holy Trinity!
- 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Free Wagon Rides on Main Street! There will be a break while the Tree Lighting is happening on the South Green and the Rides will resume after the Tree Lighting at the Middlesex Chamber!
- 5:00 p.m. – Join the Carol Sing with Middletown High School Concert Choir, directed by Stephanie Zak, and the Woodrow Wilson 7th & 8th grade Select Chorus, directed by Ali Sinicrope, and the Keigwin Middle School Chorus, directed by Jeannine Westbrook, sponsored by Middletown Commission On the Arts, with Emcee Trevor Davis from Trevor Davis Commercial Real Estate, LLC!
- 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – Enjoy magic shows to entertain the whole family outside of the Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce provided by Magic of Christopher!
- 5:40 p.m. – Led by the Middletown High School Marching Band, directed by Kimberly Rodriguez, and the Woodrow Wilson Middle School 8th Grade Band, directed by Aaron Sinicrope, Santa and Mayor Ben Florsheim arrive by the Holiday Wagon Ride for the Tree Lighting on the South Green!
- 5:50 p.m. – Clifford arrives with 3rd grade Middletown students, who were chosen by their teachers to receive a certificate for their good citizenship, good behavior, respect towards others and demonstration of the spirit of giving in everyday life!
- 6:00 p.m. – TREE LIGHTING on the South Green – The Mayor and Santa Claus will turn on the lights on the big tree on the South Green! Immediately following the Tree Lighting, there will be another countdown for a short pyrotechnic Display of Fireworks!
- 6:15 p.m. – Parade up Main Street with a stop at Spear Park to light the Holiday Display and then proceed to the Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce (393 Main St), where Santa and the Mayor turn on the Lights on the Tree, donated by Kronenberger & Sons Restoration, on the Chamber Roof!
- Free Pictures with Santa, courtesy of Pratt & Whitney in front of the Chamber, immediately following the Tree Lighting at the Chamber! Pictures will be taken by Phil Pessina!
- Free Wagon Rides continue until 8:00 p.m.
- 8:15 p.m. – 11th Annual Tree Lighting in front of Eli Cannon’s Tap Room, 695 Main Street, where SANTA will arrive by fire engine to light the tree. Elves will be on the sidewalk with Popcorn, Cookies, Hot Chocolate and Treats for the Kids and The Middletown Police Benefit Association Pipe & Drum Corps will be playing to welcome the arrival of Santa!
Please Note: In case of inclement weather, the Tree Lightings & Parade will be held the next evening, Saturday, November 30 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.