Saturday, December 14th, 2019
Rotary Club of Middletown Day!
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
(Final Saturday of the Event)
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – The Rotary Club of Middletown will be staffing the popcorn & hot pretzels stand in front of the chamber and holiday music will be provided by Harvest Woods Audio!
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Greet Santa and enjoy Free horse & wagon rides!
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m – Petting Farm from JD’s Pony Express of Killingworth –Visit the animals on Main Street, located by the crosswalk in front of Holy Trinity Church! Animals include a sheep, goats, a rabbit, alpaca’s, and a miniature donkey named Wilbur!
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – The fun train will offer Free rides on the sidewalk around the downtown throughout the day!
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Greet SANTA and enjoy Free horse & wagon rides!
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Holiday Photo Booth – Take 4”x 6” fun photos (No Fee!) with your friends and family as a remembrance of this year’s holidays! The photo trailer will be located by the crosswalk in front of Holy Trinity Church!
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Enjoy a performance by The Connecticut Yuletide Carolers as they stroll up and down Main Street performing beautiful holiday music sung a capella in four-part harmony! Traditionally garbed Victorian Carolers will fill the winter air with the bright sounds of the season, bringing holiday cheer to young and old alike! For More information, visit: ctyuletide.com
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Holiday Story Time – The Grinch will be at Wesleyan / RJ Julia Bookstore (413 Main St) where Police Chief Bill McKenna will read stories. At the end of the reading, there will be books for sale and a “Book Signing”! Bring your camera!
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – The Ornament Decorating Workshop at The Buttonwood Tree (605 Main Street) – courtesy of Middletown Recreation & Community Services Dept. – Family members can decorate an ornament at No Charge and take it home to put on the tree or use as a holiday decoration (as long as supplies last)!
Other Events to Enjoy!
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.- Drop-In Winter Craft- Come in and create a magical wintery wall decoration in the Russell Library Lobby (while supplies last)! For ages 3 and up. Drop-in; no registration required. (Russell Library)
- Holiday Book Sale- Support the library and get some great, gently-used finds for low prices at the Friends of the Russell Library Holiday Book Sale! (Russell Library- Activity Room)
- 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – The City of Middletown’s Ice Skating Rink will be opening at Veteran’s Memorial Park! Rink hours are Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
ICE RINK ADMISSION FEES
|Middletown Residents||Non-Residents||Season Pass|
|Adults $5.00||Adults: $8.00||Resident Family Pass $25.00|
|Kids $3.00||Kids $3.00||Resident Individual Pass $15.00|
ICE SKATE RENTALS
$4.00 a pair for non-season pass holders
For more information, visit: http://www.cityofmiddletown.com/recreation
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Snow Queen and Snowman Visit! – If you are feeling a bit “frozen,” come to the Russell Library to meet a very special wintery Snow Queen and her Snowman BFF!
- 2:00-2:45 p.m.: Face painting
- 3:00-4:00 p.m.: Photos. Don’t forget to charge your phone/bring your camera! All ages; drop-in; no registration required.