Saturday, December 16th
MARC: COMMUNITY RESOURCES DAY!
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
(FINAL SATURDAY OF THE EVENT!)
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. – MARC: Community Resources will be staffing the POPCORN & HOT PRETZELS stand in front of the Chamber – stop by to meet them!! Also HOLIDAY MUSIC played by Harvest Woods Audio
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Greet SANTA and enjoy FREE HORSE & WAGON RIDES!
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. – HOLIDAY PHOTO BOOTH – Take 4”x 6” fun photos (NO FEE!) with your friends and family as a remembrance of this year’s holidays! The photo trailer will be located in front of Middlesex Chamber!
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m – PETTING FARM from JD’s Pony Express of Killingworth – Visit the animals on Main Street, located by the crosswalk in front of Holy Trinity Church! Animals include:
o A Miniature Donkey (named Wilbur)
o A Fallow Deer (named Suzie)
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – THE FUN TRAIN will offer FREE RIDES on the sidewalk around the downtown throughout the day!
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – The Middletown Jr. Dragon Cheerleaders be spreading some holiday cheer selling Hot Cocoa and Donuts in front of Holy Trinity Church! Contact: Kailani – Kgadlin@jrbluedragons.com
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – FREE RIDES for children & adults on two mechanical animals…Bring your camera!
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – GINGERBREAD HOUSE COMPETITION at The Board Room (514 Main St.) – Families can compete to build and decorate the best gingerbread house they can! There will be prizes and all participants are welcome to stay afterward to play games! . For complete information and to make a reservation, contact: Sarah at 860-788-7824 or BoardroomCT@gmail.com
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – PET FOOD DRIVE – To benefit the homeless pets at Middletown Animal Control! Please bring donations to Middlesex Chamber (393 Main St.) including:
- Chew Toys (No Rawhide)
- No Pillows or Quilts
- Canned Wet Dog & Cat Food
- Dry Dog & Cat Food
For more information, contact: LMiddleton@ForestCityMarketing.com
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Webster Bank’s 12th Annual Giving Tree (363 Main St) will benefit the Amazing Grace Food Pantry. For a list of accepted non-perishable donations needed, please contact Amy Glowka at 860-638-6906 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Drop off times are M-W 9 a.m to 3 p.m. and Th/F 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. On Saturdays, donations may be brought to Middlesex Chamber!
- 10:30 a.m. – 12 noon – ORNAMENT DECORATING WORKSHOP at Vinnie’s Jump & Jive (424 Main St), courtesy of Middletown Recreation & Community Services Dept. – Family members can decorate an ornament at NO CHARGE and take it home to put on the tree or use as a holiday decoration (as long as supplies last)!
- 11:30 a.m. – 12 noon – HOLIDAY STORY TIME – THE GRINCH will be at Wesleyan / RJ Julia Bookstore (413 Main St), where Santa Claus will read stories. At the end of the reading, there will be books for sale and a “Book Signing” by The Grinch…Bring your camera!.
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – the ORNAMENT DECORATING WORKSHOP at The Buttonwood Tree (605 Main Street) – courtesy of Middletown Recreation & Community Services Dept. – Family members can decorate an ornament at NO CHARGE and take it home to put on the tree or use as a holiday decoration (as long as supplies last)!