SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 30th
CIVITAN CLUB OF MIDDLETOWN DAY!
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – The Civitan Club of Middletown will be staffing the popcorn & hot pretzels stand in front of the Chamber – stop by to learn more about the organization! Also holiday music played by Harvest Woods Audio.
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Middletown High School Crew Team selling hot chocolate, coffee & desserts in front of the Church of the Holy Trinity!
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – The fun train will offer Free rides on the sidewalk around the downtown throughout the event!
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Greet SANTA and enjoy Free horse & wagon rides!
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Holiday Photo Booth – Take 4”x 6” fun photos (No Fee!) with your friends and family as a remembrance of this year’s holidays! The photo trailer will be located by the crosswalk in front of Holy Trinity Church!
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Pet Food Drive – in front of Holy Trinity Church (381 Main St.) – To benefit the homeless pets at Middletown Animal Control and feline items to Cat Tales! Please bring donations of:
- Chew Toys (No Rawhide)
- No Pillows or Quilts
- Canned Wet Dog & Cat Food
- Dry Dog & Cat Food
For more information, contact: LMiddleton@ForestCityMarketing.com.
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Holiday Story Time – Clifford will be at The Inn At Middletown (70 Main St.), where Mayor Ben Florsheim will read stories. At the end of the reading, there will be books for sale and a “Book Signing”! Bring your camera!
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Enjoy a performance by The Connecticut Yuletide Carolers as they stroll up and down Main Street performing beautiful holiday music sung a capella in four-part harmony! Traditionally garbed Victorian Carolers will fill the winter air with the bright sounds of the season, bringing holiday cheer to young and old alike! For More information, visit: ctyuletide.com
- 1:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. – Kung Fu Demonstration – This 15-minute demonstration by children and adults shows the power and beauty of Kung Fu, as well as its usefulness for self-defense. Watch members of the Tat Wong Kung Fu Academy perform individual and group forms, weapons & bare hand and self-defense…just like in the movies! The demonstration will take place in Vinnie’s Jump and Jive (424 Main St).
Other Events to Enjoy!
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Holiday Music Petting Zoo– Join us at the Russell Library (123 Broad St.) as we rock out at the library in this holiday music fest! Music Petting Zoo and Rhythm Circle is an opportunity for kids ages 3-5 to try a variety of musical instruments and jam out in group rhythm activities. Be prepared to raise the roof, get loud and have fun, holiday-style! Drop-in; no registration required. (Activity Room)
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – “The Polar Express” Story Time- Middletown’s own Conductor Phil Pessina will read “The Polar Express,” followed by hot chocolate! For ages 0-100+. Drop-in; no registration required. (Russell Library- Story Telling Room)
- 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – The City of Middletown’s Ice Skating Rink will be opening at Veteran’s Memorial Park! Rink hours are Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
ICE RINK ADMISSION FEES
|Middletown Residents||Non-Residents||Season Pass|
|Adults $5.00||Adults: $8.00||Resident Family Pass $25.00|
|Kids $3.00||Kids $3.00||Resident Individual Pass $15.00|
ICE SKATE RENTALS
$4.00 a pair for non-season pass holders
For more information, visit: http://www.cityofmiddletown.com/recreation